Having a business address is very important for the image of your business. Below are a few tips to get you thinking about some of the things to consider when looking for a new business address –
- Choose the type of office space that best suits your budget. If you can get an interior office for much less than a window (external) office, save the money.
- Get the most prestigious business address that fits your budget. Having a good business address will show your customers that you truly mean business.
- Never run your business from a P.O. Box address. Nothing makes customers more hesitant about doing business with you then to see a P.O. Box as your address, it makes them wonder if you will be around tomorrow. Look at Virtual Offices, these offer far more than a P.O. Box, make your clients feel more secure about your company and are not that much more expensive.
- Visit the office space before you choose. Ask for a tour of the office and make sure that it fits the image you want to put forward to your customers. Are the staff friendly, helpful and professional or did they come across as pushy and just trying to get you to sign up and if this is the case, how will they treat your customers when they come to visit you?
- Avoid being at the MOST prestigious business address. If your customers see your business address is at the most expensive building in the city, they may back away because they feel you will be more expensive than your competition.